Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crazy About Copper!


Perhaps it's the time of year now with many shades of copper that inspires me...


Or maybe it's the ridiculously high cost of silver that warrants the need to work with other metals.  This graph is simple to understand, all you need to do is look at the line that is rising...that's the cost of silver!

Graph from Nina Designs Blog

Or could it be that my Bead Soup partner Christa Murphy introduced me to copper at just the right time for interrupting my beader's block?


"Fall A Flutter" from the recent Bead Soup Blog Hog


I guess it's a combination of all those things, but lately I am INTO copper!  


"Prairie Pioneer"





"Forest Finds" with green stone





"Forest Finds" with beige stone



"Captured Copper"



10 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM!!!Looks like I need to take a walk down the road to yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I love copper too, i love it's warmth and it's price haha. I have recently purchased some copper sheet, i hope to use it soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Very, Very (I could keep going with the very thing) Beautiful!

    :) Jeane'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Kathy. I love the little beige acorn with the copper. You are so artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Not to mention your photography is nothing less either!
    Anneliese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy...my sister told me about the beautiful jewelry you make, so I thought I'd check out your blog as well. I really like the copper...and the "Forest Finds" is right down my alley! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I'm a big fan of copper as well, for the same reasons! And especially now, I think it is the perfect wire to use with Fall designs. What pretty pieces you have made with copper - my favorite is "Forest Finds"... so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh have mercy.
    I am crazy over copper too!

    i am completely in love with Forest Finds green stone.
    It's one of the most creative works of art I've seen...for a nature loving girl;)

    Amanda
    homegrownandbeeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. It's a pleasure to hear from you!