Monday, October 18, 2010

An Afternoon With A Friend

I love my friends!  I am blessed to have such wonderful friends.  And recently I've been doubly blessed to be able to spend time with so many of them. 

Many moons ago, my friend Julie and I spent lots of time together.  We were in grad school together, part of a bigger group of friends called the "Salsa Girls."  In order to keep our sanity, we (there were 4 of us) got together frequently to make a yummy Mexican meal and commiserate about the insanity of our crazy lives in the midst of grad school studies. 
Last week, Julie came to visit me in my sunroom studio.  She came with the intention of making a necklace for herself.  When I pulled out the beads, she ooh-ed and aah-ed and quickly got to work. 

Pictured below is the piece she created for herself.


Didn't Julie do a great job?  I just love the combination of turquoise and brown!

  And here she is, proudly wearing her new creation.  What a fun afternoon we had!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy!
    Just stopping by to say hello!
    You are still making such incredibly beautiful jewelry!
    My daughter, Amanda, is getting her "pumpkin" pearly earrings out for autumn!
    I've enjoyed the beautiful bracelet/earrings set too.

    Wishing you well *
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. It's a pleasure to hear from you!