Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Meet Biz



Meet my young and very beautiful niece Elizabeth.  Most who know her call her "Liz" or "Lizzie."   To some of her family, she is simply "Biz."  Her younger brother Josh used to call her that when they were little...the name stuck. 

I have had the pleasure of knowing Biz for most of her life.  I married into the Alderfer family when she was just 3 years old.  I was smitten with my newly inherited niece! 

Over the years, she has grown and blossomed into a beautiful-on-the-outside-as-well-as-the-inside young woman. 



She is very outgoing and loves to laugh.  I love it when she laughs!

I have many memories of Elizabeth, but one of my favorite ones was last year when I was doing a photo shoot with her at the beach for senior pictures.  She was a natural and so photogenic.  But my favorite moment of the night was when her mother decided to make an appearance and wanted to be included in the pictures.




It was hilarious, and my very favorite picture of the evening is this one where Biz and her mom are laughing together about her mom's antics.




She graduated from high school this year and provided me with my most proud moment of her to date.  She earned the honor of being valedictorian of her class and delivered a phenomenal speech in the midst of an emotional week when tragedy and celebration were colliding in their small community.

Biz is on the brink of adulthood, heading off to college.  Fortunately, that means she actually will be living closer to me now!  Good luck to you, Biz!  I love you!!





2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful .. love the beach shots. I can see where she got her modelling talent from! The photo of the two of you is very cute as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy,
    LOVE this post and love her already! She's so energetic and is such a sparkplug for our class. I can't wait to get to know her better! When I saw her dad, I knew he must be related to Doug & Rod - he has that Alderfer look! :) Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. It's a pleasure to hear from you!