Thursday, July 7, 2011

What's Blooming?























Summer is truly in full bloom around here...and I love it!  It's my favorite time of year, partly because of the beautiful blooms that surround me here on our property.  But I'm also a big fan of summer because there is so much light and, therefore, less darkness.  Light is good, yes? 




















Day lilies are in their glory right now.  We have many different colors, only 1 of which was already existing when we moved here.  The others have been lovingly transplanted from my parents' and my in-laws' gardens. 



















Did you know that day lilies get their name from the fact that each individual bloom is open for just one day?  Their beauty is so fleeting, as are these long summer days. 

What's blooming in your backyard?

4 comments:

  1. Your flower bed are absolutely beautiful...a reflection of the One grows them and the lady who tends to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeané...I just wish my back would cooperate and allow me to tend the flower beds more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of makes me wonder if those are the kind of lilies Jesus was talking about when He pointed to them and talked about how if God cares for them, how much more will He are for us?

    I think it's neat how you have transplantd flowers from your parents gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so beautiful! And PURPLE is the color, yes indeedy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. It's a pleasure to hear from you!