Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An Angel Named Heather

Thank you to everyone who came out to my home on Friday evening for my annual holiday open house.  There were over 30 people who came!  From where I stood, it felt like a great success! 





I also want to publicly recognize and give a huge thank you to this very special woman! 

Meet Heather...

photo courtesy of Heather's facebook

I've known Heather ever since she was a little girl.  During her teenage years, I was her mentor through a program at our church.  She was/is a babysitter for our children.  She's a neighbor of ours.  And now that she is an adult, we enjoy a great friendship with each other. 

Heather was my right hand woman the day of the open house.  She helped me clean and organize during the day.  We both took a break for naps in the afternoon!  Then she came back in the evening to help me with the open house.  She helped prepare and replenish the refreshments, answered the door, and welcomed the children who tagged along with their parents.  Thank you, Heather!

In just a few short months, Heather is embarking on an exciting adventure.  Although I will miss her, she will be going out of the country to do important missions work.  And she will be a blessing to all whom she meets along the way!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Heather is indeed an angel! She will be a blessing to all those lucky folks she serves in missions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could have been there. I'm so glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. It's a pleasure to hear from you!